Time to Upgrade Your Joomla 3.1 to 3.2… and what about TechGasp extensions, are they compatible?
What’s new in Joomla 3.2?
Joomla 3.2 Features
- Content versioning for Joomla articles and article categories addresses a very important and popular feature request as it lets you store and retrieve different versions of your Joomla articles.
- JUX team improvement features strive to provide a better user-experience for beginners and advanced users in the administration area thanks to a simpler, cleaner and more focused layout, which highlights important settings and controls and removes clutter.
- Joomla! “app store” allows users to search for and install extensions directly from the administrator interface.
- Improved template manager with built-in file manager and editor lets administrators manage, clone and modify their Joomla themes from the administration panel.
- Rapid Application Framework (Joomla! RAD) is a development layer that makes Joomla extension development easier and faster.
- Two factor authentication for Joomla.
- Ajax interface for Joomla.
I have Joomla long term 2.5.x, should I upgrade?
No, You should wait until Joomla 3.x becomes the Long Term Release.
I have TechGasp extensions, is it safe to upgrade?
Yes, full steam ahead. TechGasp extensions are compatible with Joomla 2.5, 3.1.x and 3.2.x
If you are running the latest TechGasp extension versions, no need to even upgrade your extensions. TechGasp follows Joomla release schedule, you are safe with us!